Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Take Note: January's UK Blogger of The Month

For January, I interviewed a wonderful blogger from the UK called Sadie. Her blog, Sadie's Wardrobe, is full of wonderful 60's inspired feminine outfits and gems of inspiration. She's got such a great distinctive style and her hair makes me almost give up my dreams of long hair.






When did you first get involved with blogging?
I had been reading other people’s blogs for about a year before I took the plunge and created my own one! My first post was back in April 2009 – it’s weird to see how much my blog has changed since! 
Describe your personal style.
My outfits usually contain elements of 60s style – I can’t get enough of mini-dresses and pretty collars. I usually wear vintage clothes, or second-hand items thrifted at the carboot sale.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
I often look to style icons of the 60s such as Francoise Hardy and Twiggy for inspiration, but the blogosphere always has plenty of outfit ideas! At the moment I especially love reading ‘She’s Got a Passion for Fashion’ and ‘Hello Mr Fox’ 
Who are your style icons?
It’s such a cliché but I really love Alexa Chung’s chic yet playful look. She always gets her outfits just right!

Do you think where you live affects your style?
Sometimes. When I’m at home, I live in a small town, so I find myself toning down my outfits slightly (people around here aren’t very fashion forward!). But when I’m at uni, I’m in the city, so I feel that I can wear what I want.
What's one fashion faux pas that you secretly love?
Socks and sandals! It’s not so much of a faux pas any more though – hooray!

What's your favourite book, film and band?
I don’t read as much as I should, but I really enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird when I read it at school. My favourite film is definitely Quadrophenia, and lately The Shangri-Las have been on repeat on my iTunes!
 If you could be anywhere in the world where would it be?
I honestly think it would be England! I’d love to move to Brighton one day. If I had to choose another country, it would probably be France, as I’m learning the language and like the laid-back lifestyle. I’d quite like to visit Finland one day though.

How has your style developed since you started blogging?
I’ve developed a greater appreciation for vintage clothing, especially items from the 60s! In general, I think I’ve become more confident to wear what I like.
 What's your favourite way to spend a Saturday?
On my ideal Saturday, I’d sleep until 11, have a big cup of tea and crumpets, get dressed and then hit the charity shops! Then in the evening, I’d watch a nice French film.

Any tips or advice to aspiring personal style bloggers out there?
Make sure you post lots of photos! It is also a good idea to comment on other people’s blogs to get your name out there – apart from that, remain true to yourself and blog about things you love!


So head on over and check out Sadies blog here.

6 comments:

gee said...

wonderful post/interview.
her blog is so wonderful.
i fall in love with everything she wears!
<3

Mila said...

I really like her style.A lot!

kate maggie said...

she is amazing! love her style. Thanks for doing this interview, I loved reading it!! xo

sydney said...

she has amazing style, i'm so excited to start reading her blog now! great interview :)

Gem said...

Oh wow, her style is wonderful. Great interview x

Sadie's Wardrobe said...

Awww thankyou so much!! I've had a few people commenting saying they found my blog through yours, which is wonderful :).

I'll make sure I mention your blog in my next post! xxx

Post a Comment