Dress: Vintage
Bag: Vintage
Belt: Asos
Shoes: New Look
Socks: Topshop
Ring: Thrifted
I've been making good use of my bike this week. Yesterday, we rode to the lakes for a picnic and some photo taking. It was a pretty overcast grey day but it was warm with a nice breeze so I say perfect bike ride weather. I wore bicycle shorts under this dress so don't worry, I didn't expose myself to anyone on the way.

We had such a delicious picnic with homemade mango and banana muffins, egg mayonnaise sandwiches and crisps. We even brought a picnic blanket and sit on the hill. It was a lovely break from the house and the perfect distance for my achey legs to ride. After we'd let our food go down, we wandered down by the stream to grab these photos.
I love taking photos down here, I always used to go down there when I had photography assignments or to take portraits for a friends music project. It's such a cute little area but because it was so cloudy there wasn't much light so apologies for the dark images here. People kept wandering along and I'd cringe and start saying stopstopstop at Willis, who was taking the photos.
I absolutely adore this dress that I got from etsy. It's such a great fit and so ladylike and school-girl-esque in the way I styled it here. I wore it to a local music festival but minus the socks last week. I much prefer the addition of the socks though. I kept seeing the trend everywhere but could never find any socks myself to try it with when I stumbled across these beauts in Topshop. My brother said I looked like a nan before I left the house but to be honest, I'm ok with that!
I've nearly finished catching up with Mad Men Season Three and anyway who follows me on twitter probably already knows that! I'm looking forward to the next season but I might take a break and wait for a few more episodes to air in America before I start watching as I always get impatient and irritable if I have to wait a week for every new episode. I love Mad Men that much!
I have a long to do list of things to get done today, including revamping my CV for when I go to Leeds later in the month. I'm going to try and find a part time job so I can save up for a trip to Japan next year. Fingers crossed I find something!
And that's how I wore it to the festival with two of my best friends kindly helping draw attention to my outfit.







16 comments:
that dress has a marvelous pattern :D
Haha friends are great! :D
Ps - Where are you catching up on the seasons of Mad Men? I've never watched an episode in my life and want to see what all the fuss is about. It sounds good!
that dress is so adorable and it looks so great on you. The location where you took your photo's looks so beautiful.
It really is a great location and the picnic sounded so good~ :3
I have yet to watch mad men but people tell me its an amazing show, haha we shall see when I finally get around to watching it!
Anyways great blog and great outfit!
You are so beautiful! I love the way you style up your clothes!
And what a lovely place to take pictures; I'm the same way though- when people start giving me funny looks or approaching, I get self-conscious and have to stop snapping away as well.
xxoo,
Amber Rose
modestjune.com
check out my latest giveaway!
Xoxo
Chandler
cute dress!!
what a perfect ensemble!!! the dress and sock+oxfords are just so adorable! :D
Animated Confessions
this whole outfit is perfection!!!
Wow love that dress. The socks really add something. I'm going to go shopping for some socks soon for fall, I think they are my favorite new trend!
adorable dress and photographs! I have such a soft spot for floral dresses..it's all I want to wear this summer
You look adorable! I looooove the dress on you, especially when accessorized with those shoes and socks! Oh my gosh, mango and banana muffins?! I need to find a recipe for that, stat!
Such a cute dress! Looks gorgeous!
xoxo
www.thefashionmoodboard.blogspot.com
hahah your friends are so cute. but your outfit issss amazing. yayy
Oh my! That dress! it's so pretty! want/ need ^.^
It looks like you had an awesome time there!
You look great, Chloe! I'm the same with my brother/photographer. If some one passes by I pretend to be doing something other than taking silly photos of myself :P
This location is so beautiful and I've just started watching Mad Men myself. First season so I have a lot of catching up to do!
B from A plus B
AH-Mazing shoes! what a find!
Post a Comment