Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's See How Far We Can Amble

Dress: vintage
Cardigan: george
Bag: Ebay
Shoes: Below 7

First outfit post back in Leeds. I'm totally ready for warm dressing now! These past few days have been miserable weather and all I want to do is curl up in wooly tights and my new blanket coat with good friends and a glass of wine. Hopefully this week will feature more of these kind of things. Just wore this for a wander around Fresher's fair and a venture into town.



These photographs were taken inside the Corn Exchange in Leeds. It's full of lovely boutiques and a restaurant down those grand staircases. It was rainy and grey outside so we thought this might be a nicer locale for a backdrop. I've felt ultimately uninspired recently but then I had a light bulb moment and I think I'm set for outfits for a little while longer.




I've been watching documentaries a lot recently, thrown in with the usual mixture of programmes I watch. Anyone got any good recommendations? I feel like sometimes I lose myself too much in fiction so I'm trying to get back to my curious self.

13 comments:

Chaucee said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I love your dress! You look lovely :)
Hmm, I don't watch a lot of documentaries, but one I watched semi-recently is Man on Wire, about Philippe Petit who walked tightropes in crazy high places. It was cool, I recommend it :)

Anonymous said...

such a pretty dress, and i love the juxtaposition with the oxfords!

gee said...

you look beautiful and your photo location looks amazing.
i love the floral with the gray. perfect for a cooler weather.
xoox

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

That's a lovely little vintage dress, and I like the yellow/grey colour combination!

GIVEAWAY on Ruby Slipper Journeys!

Sybil said...

that dress is super sweet! :D

Animated Confessions

Julia said...

Gorgeous outfit, gorgeous location. Your dress is super cute :)

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

Um A+ on this outfit! Have you seen The Edge of Love because this is what you are channeling right now! I'm on the hunt to find the perfect floral dress with chunky sweater but so far nada! You look great :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

I love this dress! The colors are just splendid!

Unknown said...

That dress is so beautiful and I love your little oxfords. As far as documentaries are concerned... The Devil and Daniel Johnson, Encounters at the End of the World, Grizzly Man, and Young @ Heart are some of my favourites.

Haggard Library said...

That dress is absolutely adorable !!!

http://haggardlibrary.blogspot.com/

northwest is best said...

Lovely outfit! Did you ever go to the Corn Exchange before it was refurbished? It had more smaller and less expensive shops. I don't want to sound like a grumpy old mare, but it was better in the old days... but Leeds still has its share of kooky little vintage places.

phoebe said...

Such a beautiful dress!

Post a Comment